ahakoa kaore matou I te kite kei te kite – although we cannot see, we have vision
Membership - Ngā Mema
Any person can apply to be a member of Ngāti Kāpo.
The registration process is:
- Complete application form.
- Pay membership fee. The annual membership fee as from 15 October 2005 is $20.00 per person per year.
Note: Te Tumuaki has the right to decline an application.
Member entitlements include:
- Receipt of the societys bi monthly panui (newsletter) "He Purongo Mata Whāroa";
- The right to vote at hui;
- The opportunity to be elected/hold office on Te Tumuaki;
- Participate in Ngāti Kāpo initiated activities, events and training programmes;
- Member subsidies;
- Peer support e.g. kāpo, age, gender, sighted, partner;
- Access to current information about health and disability services.
Ngāti Kāpo has a network of umbrella Ropu (support groups) comprising of kāpo Māori and their whānau located throughout Aotearoa.
For more information contact us.
Updating Membership Records
Yes it is that time of the year again. Over the next three months staff will be making contact with members with the intent of updating your contact details and information.
Please be patient this is an activity that we need to do annually so to ensure that we can maintain contact with you.
If you would like the forms posted or emailed to you please phone 0800 770 990 or
contact us via email.
He mana to te kupu, ā me korero mai koe! (Your voice is important, have your say!)
Nau mai, Haere Mai!